Lancashire Cricket, Emirates Old Trafford is pleased to be backing the #WeCreateExperiences, a new campaign to encourage consumers to plan ahead and look forward to sharing live experiences again, with the message: ‘Together, we’ll do this right”.
The campaign is being launched on Tuesday March 30th by One Industry One Voice, a cross-industry group representing all sectors of the UK’s £84bn events industry, including festivals, concerts, sporting events, mass participation sport, outdoor events, charity fundraising and weddings.
The campaign will educate and reassure consumers about the industry’s world-leading expertise and its commitment to stage events safely and will inspire consumers about the power of events and experiences to touch our lives, supporting society, the economy and our wellbeing.
A poll of 2,010 consumers conducted for the campaign by research agency Censuswide found:
- 72% of Brits have missed attending an experience since the start of the pandemic
- Music shows and concerts (24%), sports events (17%) and local fetes (17%) are the events we have missed most
- 37% are very likely or likely to attend a local fete or event; 33% to see a concert or show and 31% to go to a sporting event as a spectator once restrictions have been removed
- Sharing experiences with family and friends (36%) is the most important reason for attending events, followed by the positive impact on wellbeing (31%)
- Wimbledon (10%) is the event Brits are most looking forward to attending, or would most like to attend, followed by the Euros (10%) and a cricket Test match (9%)
The poll found consumers are willing to support new measures put in place to ensure events can be staged safely:
- 84% would agree to terms and conditions put in place by organizers, including additional bio-security measures, when booking an event
- 81% would be willing to provide evidence of a vaccination or a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours of attending the event
- 41% would be prepared to pay more for an event ticket to cover the costs of additional safety measures or reduced capacity – more than one in three of those people (37%) would pay up to 20% extra for their ticket
- 65% would be happy to roll over their ticket, rather than demand a refund, if an event had to be postponed
Some of the UK’s biggest sporting and entertainment venues and festival organizers are taking part in the campaign, including the Reading/Leeds Festival, Boardmasters, The Isle of Wight Festival, Parklife, Emirates Old Trafford, The Kia Oval, Stamford Bridge and the Rugby League World Cup. Leading charities are also involved, including Cancer Research, Rotary International and the Spinal Injuries Association.
A campaign video released on March 30th showcases the power of the UK’s world-leading events industry, which employs more than 1.5 million people, to inspire through shared experiences.
Celebrities taking part include World Cup winners Jonny Wilkinson and Will Greenwood; Olympians Daley Thompson and Alistair Brownlee; former England cricket captain Sir Andrew Strauss; singer Ronan Keating; chefs Tom Kerridge and Angela Hartnett; and TV personalities Claudia Winkelman, Rory Bremner, Sam Thompson and Mark Durden-Smith.
People are being encouraged to take part in a social media campaign through @1IndustryVoice channels on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, sharing details of the event they would most like to attend and tagging the person they would like to share it with.
Simon Hughes, co-founder of One Industry One Voice, said:
“Life is all about experiences and the UK live events industry is the best in the world at creating great experiences to share with our families, our friends and our community. We are ready to get back to work, but we recognize this is a journey of recovery and safety is paramount so live experiences will return gradually and only when it is safe to do so.
The #wecreateexperiences campaign is encouraging people to book tickets for events and experiences and to commit to supporting safety measures put in place by organizers and venues. We are known for our world-leading expertise and together we will do this right”.