Roadmap for the return of face-to-face events at Emirates Old Trafford
An open letter from Angela Hodson, Sales Director
I hope you are safe and well.
Following the positive news that we have all been waiting for as we look forward to regaining a sense of normality, both personally and professionally. I wanted to share the key dates and milestones which will impact on events at Emirates Old Trafford, subject to guidelines, as we get ready to welcome you back to our iconic stadium.
It’s been an incredibly challenging year for the industry as a whole and everyone within it, however, we now have a clear roadmap for the return of face-to-face events for groups of all sizes.
- Step One – Currently in effect
- Open for essential meeting and training under Covid-19 protocols
- Hilton Garden Inn open for essential business stays
- Step Two - no earlier than 12 April
- Step Three - no earlier than 17 May
- Indoor events for up to 1,000 people will be permitted, or 50% capacity across The Point and Pavilion spaces
- The Hilton Garden Inn Emirates Old Trafford will be fully operational for all leisure and business travel, book your stay here.
- Domestic cricket season commences with crowds of up to 25% capacity
- Hybrid event options fully available
- Step Four - no earlier than 21 June
- Large events and performances and weddings will be able to go ahead
- Major events underway to full capacity. View our upcoming events here.
- Available for indoor bookings such as conferences, weddings, exhibitions and meetings across our facilities
- Outdoor event bookings available
We can’t wait for June 21, 2021, and we are sure that you and your clients can’t either. Given the size of Emirates Old Trafford and the flexibility of our event space, we are hopeful that we will be able to cater for events of up to 500 people from May 17.
On the cricket front, we can look forward to welcoming fans back for some of our biggest fixtures, including the iconic domestic Roses matches and International fixtures featuring India and Pakistan. We have already seen record demand for tickets and hospitality packages, which just goes to show the desire of the public to see the return of live events and the confidence they have in Emirates Old Trafford to safely host them.
The experience of hosting 21 days of International cricket in a bio-secure bubble last summer, while the rest of the country was in lockdown, provided invaluable knowledge to us as a venue. During this period, more than 6,000 COVID-19 tests were administered at the venue, with all tests returning negative results. We completely re-wrote our operating procedures, hired a dedicated Coronavirus Officer and completed over 100 new risk assessments.
As I’m sure you are aware, using this experience, we launched the Safe in One Place campaign to share the knowledge and best practice we gained with the wider events industry. We hope some of this guidance has been useful and we now look forward to putting it back in to practice during what we anticipate being a very busy second half of 2021.
The government’s roadmap should provide confidence to those who have events booked later this year and also to those who have been waiting for the greenlight to confirm their plans.
We have already taken a large number of bookings for the Christmas period and we urge you to get in touch if you are considering Emirates Old Trafford as a venue for festive events. Please don’t hesitate to contact our sales team directly on 0161 282 4020 or click here to fill out an enquiry form.
As an events venue we rely completely on our relationships with you and the trust you place in us to host you and your clients. We want to thank you for your ongoing support during this unprecedented period and we are delighted that we can now look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in the remainder of this year.
Very best wishes,
Angela Hodson, Sales Director, Emirates Old Trafford
To book or enquire about your next event at Emirates Old Trafford, simply fill out the form below and a member of the team will be in touch: